Nebraska Crime Victim - Training and Technical Assistance Program
A grant funded program that brings supplemental trainings and training scholarships to victim service providers and allied professionals (for example, school psychologists, CPS workers, county and family attorneys, law enforcement and therapists). One of the primary goals of the program are to provide more training opportunities for rural areas. This is accomplished through the use of the scholarship program, bringing a trainer to those areas, and providing the opportunity for free trainings online through the up and coming NCV-TTAP portal.
NCV-TTAP Training & Technical Assistance Scholarship Program
The scholarship program provides victim providers and allied professionals with an opportunity to apply for monies for trainings in or out of state. These monies are grant funded and limited therefore selection depends heavily on the type of training and the benefits and/or impact the training will have on clients. These scholarships are reimbursement only.
- Be sure you have your supervisor’s signature and approval when submitting the application.
- Application must be submitted at least 10 days before the registration is due.
- NCV-TTAP Scholarship Application click here: NCV-TTAP Scholarship Assistance Application
- NCV-TTAP Scholarship Guidelines for Applying click here: NCV-TTAP Scholarship Training Assistance Application Guidelines
Submitting for Reimbursement:
- No Reimbursement will occur unless the training is attended.
- Must submit a W-9 click here: W-9 Fillable
- Use the provided Expense Voucher and Guidelines Form click here: Expense Voucher and Guidelines
- Expense receipts (i.e. brochure of event, meal receipts, google map for mileage) must be submitted within 14 days of the training. If not submitted within this timeframe reimbursement will not occur.
- An extension to the 14 days may be granted by submitting a request to the Training Specialist: email@example.com click here: Extension Request Form
- In the event you are declining a portion or all of the scholarship fill out the Declination of Funds form click here: Declination of Funds and submit to Training Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be kept up to date on what’s happening or upcoming trainings? Provide your email and you will be added to the List Serv. Email: email@example.com and put List Serv in the subject line.
NCV-TTAP Training Portal
Coming Soon! This site is where victim providers and allied professionals from across the state can request specific trainings or technical assistance. Topics can range from victim interaction, grant management, organizational needs, strategic planning, culture specific trainings, and grant writing. Trainings can be delivered as:
- Classroom Training – This is either in person or on site. Ranging in size of 8-25 people. Training is a mix of presentation, small group, and individual work.
- Remote Training - Web based meetings or webinars led by a skilled trainer consisting of a combination of presentation and discussion.
- Consulting and Technical Assistance – Trainings are available to work directly with leadership (staff or board) on a specific issue or project in your organization. The platforms used for these could be over the phone, email or in a web meeting. Topics can include: working with a board to develop better board practices, revising a performance evaluation system, refining your fiscal management system.
- Hybrid Programs – These can be any combination of Classroom Training and Remote Training (new knowledge, new skills and learning to apply the skills and address barriers to be successful), and Consulting and Technical Assistance (focus on systems and processes).
- Request Training click here: Training Request
Currently we are seeking your thoughts and opinions about what is needed by your organizations. Below is a link to a survey to help us get that discussion going! Simply clink on the link and answer the questions.
Thank you in advance for your participation!
Simple Needs Assessment click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H7WK6CX