Arrest and Offense Rates County Map
- The "Display Map" option will show arrest or offense rates for Nebraska counties. County maps are provided using Google Maps. The population estimates are from the US Census Bureau. By selecting a county, the county rate and totals for individual agencies therein will be shown.
- The "Display Table" option will provide a total by county and agency from the arrest and offense data queries. The arrest data is available by using the Arrest Data Query. The offense data is available by using the Offense Data Query.
- For additional information about the data, see the Arrest and Offense Data query page.
- Data from an agency may be incomplete. See agencies' reporting status for a listing by agency of the number of months reported.
- Attempts at comparison of crime figures between jurisdictions should not be made without first considering the individual factors present in each community. Consider factors such as the demographics of the population (racial and ethnic makeup, age and gender, educational levels, prevalent family structures); the industrial/economic base of the jurisdiction; the dependence upon neighboring jurisdictions; dependence upon nonresidents (tourists, conventions, sports activities, etc.); the strength and aggressiveness of a jurisdiction’s law enforcement agency; policies of other components of the criminal justice system (prosecutorial, judicial, correctional, and probational); and the attitudes of the citizens toward crime and their crime reporting practices, especially concerning minor offenses. For more information read the FBI's caution when comparing agencies, Variables Affecting Crime.