Click here to register: Spec_Enr.pdf
NLETC reserves the right to limit the number of attendees from any one agency. This is to provide equitable training throughout the state.
THIS IS BOTH A RECERTIFICATION AND INTIAL CERTIFICATION COURSE.
The course is designed to teach students how to avoid being taken to the ground and how to effectively escape if they do find themselves there. It review tactics for both open and narrow environments; reviews the four most common ground positions and escapes; refines the student's physical technique; and presents instructional methods for teaching survival skills.
- To examine survival learning research in an effort to enhance officer survivability in a combat situation.
- To instruct a ground avoidance and ground escape system that is compatible with the effects of survival stress.
- To teach officer how to avoid being taken to the ground and how to effectively escape if they are grounded.
- To teach instructional methods designed to enhance a student's ability to learn survival techniques, increase his/her confidence levels, and assist in the successful application of physical techniques.
- Use of Force Human Factors
- Instructor Development and Training Protocols
- PPCT Control Principles
- Ground Avoidance and Escape
Students are responsible for lodging ($25.00 per night double occupancy) and meals.
Equipment: Pen/Pencil, notebook, gym clothes and/or BDU style pants, non-marking shoes, handcuffs and key, duty belt, red training gun (will be provided if you don't have one) and extra towels if you are staying at NLETC.
Start Date: 8/15/2022 Start Time: 8:00 am
End Date: 8/17/2022
Tuition: $216 plus lodging and meals as applicable
Class Limit: 20
Instructor: Randi Webb, NLETC