Click here to register: Spec_Enr.pdf
THIS IS BOTH A RECERTIFICATION AND INITIAL CERTIFICATION COURSE.
HFRG (GAGE) Ground Avoidance Ground Escape Instructor School
Course Description: The course is designed to teach students how to avoid being taken to the ground and how to effectively escape if they do find themselves there. It reviews tactics for both open and narrow environments; reviews the four most common ground positions and escapes; refines the student's physical technique; and presents instructional methods for teaching survival skills.
- To examine survival learning research in an effort to enhance officer survivability in a combat situation.
- To instruct a ground avoidance and ground escape system that is compatible with the effects of survival stress.
- To teach officers how to avoid being taken to the ground and how to effectively escape if they are grounded.
- To refine student technique to the instructor level.
- To teach instructional methods designed to enhance a student's ability to learn survival techniques, increase his/her confidence levels, and assist in the successful application of physical techniques.
- Use of Force Human Factors
- Instructor Development and Training Protocols
- PPCT Control Principles
- Ground Avoidance and Ground Escape
NLETC reserves the right to limit the number of attendees from any one agency. This is to provide equitable training throughout the state.
Students are responsible for lodging ($20.00 per night double occupancy) and meals.
Equipment: Pen/Pencil, highlighter, notebook, gym clothes and/or BDU style pants, non-marking shoes, handcuffs and key, duty belt, training gun (NLETC has a limited number if needed), extra towels if staying at NLETC.
Start Date: 9/8/2020 Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Date: 9/9/2020
Tuition: $144 plus lodging and meals as applicable
Class Limit: 20
Instructor: Randi Webb